Who We Are Recruiting
Participate in Adult-Focused Studies:
- Women who are carriers of the fragile X premutation
- Mothers with a son or daughter with fragile X syndrome
- Mothers with a son or daughter who is typically developing
- Mothers with a son or daughter with autism spectrum disorder
Participate in Young Adult-Focused Study:
- Young adults with fragile X syndrome who are in their last two years of receiving school-based services, including:
- High school juniors and seniors
- Students who are participating in the final years of a school-based transition program
This study focuses on the experiences of mothers who have a child with autism, fragile X syndrome, the fragile X premutation, or typical development. Mothers participating in this study will complete questionnaires about their thoughts and experiences, and complete an in-person assessment that takes 4-5 hours. Participants are compensated $50.00 for their time. We can also reimburse travel expenses for participants who are not local to Columbia, SC. Interested in participating or learning more about the study? Contact us at email@example.com.
Fragile X Study
This study focuses on individuals with fragile X as they transition out of high school and into adult contexts. This is a 4-year study. In the first and fourth years, participants and their caregivers will travel to the University of South Carolina to participate in a 2-day assessment involving standardized assessments of language and development skills, and caregiver interviews. In the second and third years, caregivers will complete phone interviews and questionnaires from their home, which will take about 3 hours to complete. All travel costs are covered by the project. Interested in participating or learning more about the study? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.